Organic farming is the type of farming where livestock and vegetable production is carried out by the use of natural resources such as crop residues, manure or compost. The methods used in weed control are also natural where inorganic agro-chemicals are not applied. The farming is carried out using techniques that ensure crops have high yield without necessarily harming the environment. Organic farming has various benefits to people and the environment. Below are some of the benefits.
· Since the farmer uses resources already available to them such as manure or composite, it saves the farmers money for
buying farm inputs.
· Ensures that farms have clean and safe water for consumption.
· The pest control method used is harmless to the environment
· The soil fertility increases by doing crop rotation and mulching.
· Nutritious food for human consumption, the feeds for animals as well as excellent quality crops that farmers sell at good prices. The food produced through organic farming is safe from harming people since inorganic chemicals are not used.
Since the main aim of organic farming is to promote a sustainable health among people and environment productivity, the organic products as a result of this type of farming are much useful to the body of human beings. Organic foods are healthier compared to inorganic foods. Below are some of the health benefits of organic foods.
1. Cheaper. The organic foods are less cheap and prevent major diseases and illnesses. This results to low health care costs to people who use organic foods.
2. Safe from harmful pesticides. People who use organic food stand a higher chance of not being infected with prostate or breast cancers, infertility among other fatal diseases associated with chemical pesticides otherwise used in inorganic farming.
3. Antibiotic resistance. The use of antibiotics in inorganic farming where animals are overdosed with antibiotic vaccines has a major effect on the dairy products people consume. This lowers the immune system of the body and eventually causing the body not to defend itself in case of a disease attack. Organic food farmers do not use the antibiotics on their dairy animals thus the products are safe for the body.
4. Antioxidants capacity. Organic foods are rich in nutrients with desirable antioxidants. These antioxidants reduce the exposure of heavy toxic metals in the body.
5. Safe for farmers since no chemical s are used to spray the crops while in the field. The organic farming is beneficial to farmers since they are less exposed to toxic pesticides and insecticides compared to inorganic mode of farming.
There is much support from environmental groups encouraging the use of organic products for better health. This has seen reduced use of pesticides in farming and an increase of organic foods in the market for consumption which do not contain chemicals thus posing no health problems to people. The use of organic products is the best alternative since its Eco-friendly, health problems are reduced for all people and eventually health costs are cut because there are less diseases involved while consuming organic products.